Skip to main content
Wikispaces Classroom is now free, social, and easier than ever.
Try it today.
Pages and Files
no digital facelifts
The video and the text.
One can divide the presentation into the following chunks:
marvels and wonders
of technology and the frustration at the fact academics do not understand it or use it as it should be.
- illustration of a marvel (millicomputing)
- illustration of "time of wonders and harmony" in past (poetry and music from Renaissance)
- illustration disruption printing press
- illustration science studies mapping perceptual changes in brain
- illustration to businesses digital facelifts (Clay Shirky's Thinking the Unthinkable)
- illustration with grotesque description and screenshots from film Brazil.
b) proposing course of action
- three recursive practices : narrating, curating, sharing
(this is what scholars already do but will be amplified, augmented)
illustration: playing feedback (Jimi Hendrix)
c) how to achieve it
- personal cyberinfrastructure
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"